Negative thinking, loss of interest, or emotional overwhelm
Mood disorders are common and serious disorders that negatively affect how we feel, think and act.
Often characterized by sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed, they can lead to emotional and physical problems that one’s ability to function is decreased at work and home.
- I find myself feeling sad with low mood.
- I have lost interest or pleasure in activities that I once enjoyed.
- I’ve had changes in appetite and/or weight changes unrelated to dieting.
- My sleep is off, where I am either having trouble sleeping or am sleeping too much.
- I feel tired a lot and have lower energy.
- I feel agitated; my movements are slower.
- I am overcome with feelings of worthless or guilt.
- I cannot think clearly, concentrate or make decisions.
- I have thoughts of harming myself, death, or suicide.